The winner of my contest for the four week self-compassion class is Maureen Custer! We're pictured here together with other attendees from our Big Island Writing retreat with Beth Bornstein Dunnington. Maureen is third from the right. I'm excited to share this journey with her. There's still time. Will you join us?
And thank you to all the contestants who entered.
In case you missed it, here are the details for the class:
SELF-COMPASSION WITH KRISTIN NEFF & BRENÉ BROWN
Why are we so often our own harshest, coldest, and cruelest critic? Self-compassion, learning to calm our inner critic, is central to living a brave life as a partner, friend, parent, and leader. The Self-Compassion workshop combines the skills of mindfulness and self-compassion to enhance our capacity for emotional wellbeing. This four-lesson online workshop, co-facilitated by Dr. Kristin Neff and Dr. Brené Brown, provides valuable tools that can help you integrate self-compassion into your daily life. Together, we will walk through exercises that teach us to be compassionate and kind not only to others in their times of struggle, but also to ourselves.
Specific goals of the workshop include:
• Understanding why we habitually criticize ourselves rather than support ourselves
• Understanding the impact of our self-critical voice and how to acknowledge it then learn from it
• Understanding how your misgivings about self-compassion may prevent you from practicing it
• Learning and practicing three strategies to work with difficult emotions
The course opens May 16, 2016 and all four lessons will be available at once and can be completed at your own pace.
There are no prerequisites for this workshop. If you've already taken the Living Brave Semester and are interested in learning more about self-compassion, this is a great way to develop a self-compassion practice in a more focused way.
Recommended readings may be purchased separately. They are not required.
• Self-Compassion: The Proven Power of Being Kind to Yourself by Kristin Neff
• The Mindful Path to Self-Compassion by Christopher Germer
Course is co-facilitated by Kristin Neff & Brené Brown
Click here to learn more about Brené Brown and the class.